Thursday, November 23, 2017

South Australia field work, part two

A few more pictures from field work; not sure if I will have internet again before Sunday.


The above picture shows the lookout over Scott Cove in the north-western corner of Kangaroo Island taken yesterday.


At that very place were two species of mint bush. This one is the aptly named Prostanthera spinosa (Lamiaceae). I do not yet know the name of the other one.


The last Kangaroo Island photo is this tiny sundew (Drosera, Droseraceae), but I don't know its species name either.


Today, however, we have worked in the Fleurieu Peninsula. This is the coast as seen from the cliff-tops of the Newland Head Conservation Park.


A little birdie wondering what those weird humans are doing in its habitat. Apparently a rosella, but a different species than the ones I know from Canberra.


Also found in the heath of Newland Head: Chrysocephalum apiculatum (Asteraceae).


Finally, Hindmarsh Falls, south of Adelaide. The area here south and south-east of Adelaide is much more lush and green than I expected from South Australia and reminds me rather more of Tasmania...

No comments:

Post a Comment